Domain-specific languages in R is sold

Well, I got the signed contract for *Domain-specific Languages in R. My deadline for finishing it is April 1st and then it should get published in June. That shouldn’t be a problem—I have most of it done and just want to add two or three more chapters. Right now I have two example chapters planned and I might write a chapter on design patterns for DSLs.

Anyway, because I have now sold the book, I have to pull it from Gumroad. There are a few edits I want to do first. I found out today that the UQE function from the rlang package is getting deprecated, so I need to change the examples that uses it so the code is not deprecated when the book is out. I will do that tonight or tomorrow. Then, I will pull the book from Gumroad later in the week.

Author: Thomas Mailund

My name is Thomas Mailund and I am a research associate professor at the Bioinformatics Research Center, Uni Aarhus. Before this I did a postdoc at the Dept of Statistics, Uni Oxford, and got my PhD from the Dept of Computer Science, Uni Aarhus.

Leave a Reply