Archive for February 8th, 2009
It is Sunday, so it is time for me to list the blog posts I found interesting this week.
This week I've had a bit of a fight with creationism, so I've read some blog posts on that, but I am not going to dignify the discussion with linking to them here.
Instead it will just be the usual list of programming and bioinformatics links.
- The curse of BLAST (bbgm)
- Neaderthal genome will be released (Greg Laden)
- Cryptic variation in the human mutation rate (PLoS Biology)
- Getters and setters in Python (Eli Bendersky)
- A (brief) introduction to Python-Core development (Jesse Noller)
- Fancy debugging with gdb (emacs-fu)
- Python threads and the global interpreter lock (Jesse Noller)
- An Interview With Adam Olsen, Author of Safe Threading (Jesse Noller)
- Different meanings of Bayesian statistics (Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science)
- McCloskey et al on significance testing in economics (Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science)
- University professors turn to the blogosphere, for classes and recognition (A blog around the clock)
- Do you comment on your own blog? (A blog around the clock)